When I Was You is deeeelicious! I stayed up way past my bedtime to read and finally put it down right before the last few chapters. And then laid in the dark trying to figure out where the story was going, picking apart the plot points, making sure I hadn’t missed anything. I literally could not go to sleep–no book has ever done that to me before; When I Was You is unpredictable, dark, funny, and layered and gets in your head like spiderwebs. The best part to me is the perspective it’s written from-somehow Garza creates the sense of total immersion in the main character’s head and, in doing so, raises the bar for psychologic thrillers. Pre-order now before someone spoils it for you:
- Resources for Recovering Karens (Including Me)
- Apocalypse Now
- READ THIS… Joy Unspeakable by Joy Hopper
- Voices of Deconversion Podcast
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- When I Was You: a novel by Amber Garza
- New Forward! Updated Cover!
- Review from Author Amy Fish for Hippocampus Magazine
- The Life After Podcast
Join my mailing list to receive the latest news, author updates, resources, and event notifications.